(Above: A researcher studies brain scans of a patient inside an MRI, in a video from Houston Methodist.)Houston Methodist recently conducted a study concerning music’s effect on the brain. In the study, the subjects were placed in an MRI machine and exposed to various types …
Virginia Shooting, Political Roundup, and the Effect of Music on Your Brain: Wednesday’s Show (June 14, 2017)
(Above: Two people hug in an area blocked off by police crime scene tape in Alexandria, Va., after a shooting during a congressional baseball practice June 14, 2017. Photo: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images) We’re learning more about this morning’s shooting in Alexandria, Va., during …
Did you get enough sleep last night? One in three adults don’t get enough sleep. Why is sleep so important, anyway? The American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society insist that sleeping less than seven hours per day is associated with an increased risk …
Houston-based neuroscientist Dr. David Eagleman is the host of a new PBS series called The Brain. The first of six hour-long episodes premieres tonight (Oct. 14, 2015) at 9 on TV 8. Eagleman directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action at Baylor College of Medicine.
The holidays can be a trying time for those with Alzheimer’s and for those taking care of them. We find out about some research being conducted here in Houston designed to help decelerate memory loss from Rebecca Axline, supervisory clinical social worker at Houston Methodist’s Nantz …
- Full Shows
- The Science of Comas, and Does Political Rhetoric Incite Violence? Monday’s Show (June 26, 2017)
- Latest NASA Developments, and Journalism Under Attack: Friday’s Show (June 23, 2017)
- LGBTQ Issues in Houston, and Writing About War: Thursday’s Show (June 22, 2017)
- Political Roundup, and Lessons to Learn From Austin: Wednesday’s Show (June 21, 2017)
- Inadequate Fire Safety Inspections, and Astronaut Candidates: Tuesday’s Show (June 20, 2017)
- Latest Topics
- Astros Are the First to 50 Wins, and Dynamo Faces FC Dallas
- Why Does Texas Want to Remove a Songbird From the Endangered Species List?
- Is the Country’s Current Political Discourse Encouraging Violence?
- What Happens to Your Body When You’re in a Coma?
- How to Help College-Bound Students Avoid the ‘Summer Melt’
- Good, Bad & Ugly
- Term Limits, and Rescuing a Lizard: The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Houston News
- Mayor Turner’s Delegation to Israel, and the Astros-Rangers Rivalry: The Good, Bad and Ugly of the News
- A Special Session, and Mike Pence Visits NASA: The Good, Bad, and Ugly of the News
- Pension Reform Bill Passes, and McDonald’s Delivers: The Good, Bad & Ugly of the News
- Lyft Returns, & the Best City to Launch a Career: The Good, Bad, & Ugly of the News
- Sound Portraits
- Veteran: Writing About War Isn’t the Best Therapy – But it Helps
- When Friendliness Becomes a Disorder: Inside Williams Syndrome in ‘The Boy Who Loved Too Much’
- William Ellis: The Former Slave Who Became a Mexican Millionaire
- Modern Misogyny: Sexual Harassment Still an Issue in the Workplace
- Giant Shifts: Book Examines Trends at a ‘Defining Moment’ in the Energy Industry